Welcome to the 22nd Annual St Cloud Ice Bowl!
Sponsored by the St Cloud Disc Golf Club.
January 18th Millstream Park, 10:30 registration
Jan 28th - 2014
The 22nd annual St. Cloud Disc Golf Club's Ice Bowl fundraiser event was held on Saturday, January 18, 2014 at Millstream Lions Park Disc Golf Course, in St Joseph, MN. Ninety three golfers ventured out for a day of disc golf camaraderie. At the end of the day, a grand total of $9,323 was raised and 125 pounds of food had been donated. Over the past 17 years the Club has raised $139,214 and 2,111 pounds of food.
The money raised and food collected, were donated to Catholic Charities, Salvation Army, and St Joseph Food Shelves. According to Ice Bowl event director Rick Rentz, "This will likely be in the top three fundraising effort in the world this year. Overall it was a great day for disc golf in Central Minnesota and a great day for our disc golf community." Club member Todd Grundhoefer was the top individual fundraiser with $1,625. He has raised a grand total of $13,366 over the past 13 years.
The annual Ice Bowl event is part of a national fundraising event to raise money for local charities. The first disc golf Ice Bowl events were held in 1987 as a day of disc golf solidarity during the gloom of winter. Now twenty-three years later, official Ice Bowls are played at courses all over the United States, Canada and Europe during a time period between January 2 and February 28. Each event is encouraged to find a local charity to support. Fundraising is the overall goal of each and every Ice Bowl. The top fundraiser in the World in 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 has been none other than the St. Cloud Disc Golf Club. Last year we were 3rd in the World.
Highlights of the Ice Bowl on Saturday, January 18th 2014:
- Ice Bowl Champions! Open Pro, Ross Brandt; Master Pro, Brian Gustafson; Advanced, Jeremy Wilcox; Amateur, Rob Denton; Women, Jessica Critz; Youth, Devon Carozzi.
- Todd Grundhoefer raised $1,625 to take top fundraiser honors.
- Big Fundraisers John Grether $673, Aaron Habor $600, Tony Schmitz $415, Rick Rentz $400, Adam Kushiol $360, Jason Kolskin $250, Brian Gustafson $230, Mike Kurzhal $200, Matt Roscoe $200,Nate Ramacher $200, Joel Bryant $200 and Mary Bodelson & Greg Stein $200.
- The silent auction brought in $969 thanks to many donations from local businesses and players.
- Many players donated their winnings ($485) to the food shelf. A real testament to the type of people who play this sport.
- The St Cloud Disc Golf Club has raised nearly $140,000 for food shelves since 1993.